THE MRRCSOUND V4.1
Give your RC plane the sounds it deserves!
The MrRCSound v4.1 is the updated and improved version of the hugely popular V4 unit which was an instant hit with rc pilots around the world. The photo above shows the v4.1 base unit package, as purchased.
Previously the sound system used a small but powerful MAX-2SPL speaker to produce the authentic engine and auxiliary sounds, but March 2014 saw a major change to the product - a new 'speakerless' system!
Yep, you read that right - speakerless!
So how are the sounds generated? Well, the new V4.1 utilizes a powerful transducer which attaches to the inside of the fuselage, and turns the entire fuselage in to one big speaker.
The transducers ('TT-25') are smaller and lighter than the original speakers. Importantly there are no holes to cut in your plane to let out the sound - simply attach the transducer to a flat spot on the inside of the fuselage, and that's it. The sounds resonate through the entire fuselage, giving the same decibel levels as the original MAX-2 speaker, and improved bass.
It's a truly revolutionary way of generating authentic engine and auxiliary sounds for an rc plane. (Click here for a TT-25 installation video).
Below is a video showing the new MrRCSound v4.1 system in a Corsair......while below is another video of the v4.1 in my own Art-Tech AT-6 Texan...
V4.1 features and specifications:
- Engine choices: Lycoming, Merlin, Continental, Daimler Benz 601, Pratt & Whitney Double Wasp, generic turbine. Start-up and shut-down sequences included. Interchangeable sound packs available, see further down the page for those.
- Auxiliary sounds: guns, cannon, bomb drop whistle and explosion, P-51 whistle, pilot chatter ("Clear!", "Clear prop!" & "Contact!" )
- Overall weight: Just 3.7oz with the TT-25 transducer, or 5.7oz (162g) with single MAX-2 SPL speaker.
- TT-25 transducer specs: 2" (50mm) diameter, 1" (25mm) thick, 2oz (70g).
- Soundcard size: approx 3"x2"x0.5" (75mmx50mmx13mm).
- Power input: 2S to 8S Li-po (approx. 9v-35v).
- Current draw: 1A/12W with one speaker, 1.75A/25W with two speakers.
- Sound card: amplifier, voltage regulator, volume control, sound inputs (4), twin speaker inputs, removable sound file memory chip, sound selector button, LED outputs (synced to gun sounds). Auxiliary outputs to secondary (optional) amplifier.
- Airplane finder: after several minutes of no throttle signal, the V4.1 will start to emit short beeps to help you locate the plane if it has gone down.
- Plane size recommendations: 1100mm - 1400mm span: base unit V4.1.
1400mm - 1650mm span: base unit V4.1 with additional TT-25.
1650mm span and upwards: base unit V4.1 with additional amplifier and up to 3 additional TT-25s.
- Sound levels: Lycoming 1 speaker: 93dB, 2 speakers: 97dB
Merlin 1 speaker: 96dB, 2 speakers: 105dB
Continental 1 speaker: 95dB, 2 speakers: 105dB
turbine 1 speaker: 97dB, 2 speakers: 110dB
Double Wasp 1 speaker: 96dB, 2 speakers: 107dB
Daimler Benz 1 speaker: 95dB, 2 speakers: 99dB.
All sound levels recorded at 1 meter with a 12v input.
- Price: $149.99 plus $13.00 shipping (international). Payment through PayPal.
BUY THE V4.1 BASE UNIT
The MrRCSound v4.1 base unit includes the standard sound chip and one TT-25 transducer.
Full instructions are included on a mini-CD Rom.
Please use the 'Add to cart' button below to purchase your MrRCSound V4.1 base unit.
|MrRCSound V4.1 base unit:
Includes: main board, standard sound pack, one TT-25, full instructions, JST power lead, velcro strips.
$149.99 + $13 shipping.
*Safe, secure payment through PayPal.
BUY ADDITIONAL SOUND PACKS
The V4.1 units feature an interchangeable sound chip to further increase the choice of engine sounds available. To order a pack, use the appropriate Add To Cart buttons below:
BUY ADDITIONAL TT-25s, SPEAKERS, AMPS & MISC. ITEMS
The V4.1 base unit comes with one TT-25 transducer but if you require more then just use the button below to purchase more.
You can also purchase additional MAX2-SPL speakers below if you are not using the TT-25 transducers.
For larger planes (upwards of 1650mm span) you can purchase a Secondary Amplifier which simply plugs into the sound card; this enables you to use three or four speakers/TT-25s, instead of the standard one or two.
Stereo sound is supported when more than one speaker is used. Note, though, that two speakers do not give a twin engine sound effect! Only the Multi Engine sound pack does this.
Use the Add To Cart buttons below for speakers and amps and other items.
ORDERING and SHIPPING INFO
Click here for important ordering & shipping information (opens in new window).