RC Boats index page
Despite being a radio control flying based website, RC Airplane World can also offer you some 'getting started' information on rc boats too, should you prefer some water-based fun.
I myself am a great fan of all types of rc model - indeed, anything that's radio controlled gets my vote.
In fact, and probably not surprisingly, many people who fly rc airplanes also find themselves becoming involved with rc boats or cars, or both. I think it all boils down to, dare I say it.... never growing up!
However, RC Airplane World will always remain focused on radio control flying, and the main nav bar will mostly link to rc flying related pages. So that's why this rc boats index page is here, to act as a 'Site Map' for the boating section of this website; from this page you should be able to find your way around the rc boat pages without too much difficulty.
The pages on RC boats are:
Electric rc boats
- Why electric RC boats make the perfect introduction to the hobby.
Nitro rc boats
- A quick guide to nitro RC boats, if you prefer some serious speed on the water!
Gas rc boats
- Learn about gasoline (petrol) RC boats here; they're more popular than you might think.
- The rc boating equivalent to rc gliders! Just add wind...(and water).
RC boat accessories
- A guide to some essential things you'll need at the pond.
- The new breed of boat/airplane.
- A couple of examples of these fun craft.
Nitro boat engines
- Common types of nitro motors for rc boats...
Electric boat motors
- and electric ones.
Basic sailing terms
- To help you understand what to do and when.
- Describes how the power gets from the motor to the water.
Boat hull design
- Shows the basic hull shapes for rc boats.
RC systems for boats
- Typical rc boat radio control systems and how they work.
- Some common 'getting started' questions.
RC boat club directory
- Listings of rc boat clubs and ponds.